Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Motivation Is The Key


Every day, people ask me why I wake up at 4:00 am, why I'm so serious about my career, and why I sacrifice so much of my "fun time." The answer is simple: Family! Not only do I want to provide for my daughter's future, but I am obsessed with being the perfect role model. She's only 3, but hears, sees, and especially FEELS everything. 

I want to be that model that shows what grind, sweat, and sacrifice means, and why it's so important. By the time she's making her own life altering decisions, I want it to be instinctive that pain and struggle equal achievement, not failure. As she witnesses all the heartache that real life hands, I want her to know that quitting is never an option, and attainment of any dream is probable. She will grow up knowing that fearlessness is her biggest weapon, and risking to achieve is mandatory.

I wake up early, tired or not ... 3 hours of sleep or 6 ... because I want my wife to be able to quit the 9-5 job and pursue her passions and dreams she talks about daily. I want her to jump out of bed every morning, excited about the potential of the new day, rather than being stressed about getting to work on time - I don't want there to be "work on time" thought in her mind. She's grinded so hard to allow me to attack my passions ... it's my time to give her the freedom she deserves! 

My dad taught me the truth isn't what they say ... it's what I believe! My mom taught me that I'm not responsible for anyone else's happiness, but I can offer knowledge and wisdom to aid in their journey. My stepmom modeled pure selflessness and doing for others before focusing on self. My stepdad taught me that a solid business requires passion for details, an unrivaled discipline, and a love of learning.

Family is why I am who I am, and why I will continue to wake up before the sun does.



No comments: