Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Only You Can Decide


A student recently asked, "How do I choose excitement over the situation, rather than fear?" My answer: How did you choose your clothes this morning?

Decide ... period!

It doesn't have to be rocket science, but it does need to be chosen. I used to be a victim of this "waiting for answers" mindset. I began having next level success when I made a committed decision to keep making committed decisions!

The more you decide to be great, the easier it becomes to continue deciding. No one can teach you how to decide. There needs to be a burning desire inside your core to choose 1% over mediocrity.

Fear and doubt creep in, making it difficult for committed decisions to form, yet ironically, eliminating fear and doubt is also a choice. We're not slaves to negativity, as most believe. We control our decisions.

If not now ... when?

1 comment:

Retta said...

"There needs to be a burning desire inside your core to choose 1% over mediocrity."

I can say I finally have that. And I realized recently that to get it, I had to let go worrying about what others thought of me. That they misunderstood, and thought it was some kind of arrogant thing to say. I don't care any more! It's NOT an arrogant thing to say, it's a HEALTHY thing to say!

Thanks so much, I loved this post.