Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm So Proud Of You!

Well, it's that time of year again... the bitter-sweet taste of growth and departure!

More of "my seniors" are moving on from the high school days, stepping into that college life. To all of you, I wish you the best and hope you continue to grow and strive for that 1%. As we always talk about, never settle for less than your absolute maximum effort. Results, both good and bad, will come... but passion and positive action is all we'll ever have.

I attended a graduation ceremony this afternoon and heard a wonderful quote from a speaker. This may not be word-for-word, but I'll do my best to get it's point across:


"Life is about two things: Having a dream and walking down it's hallway, touching both sides of the wall along the way."


This is what I wish for my "kids," as they step onto their new paths... find that passion, live every moment attempting to make it a reality!

I'd now like to take a minute to give a huge hug to a particular student I've been teaching since she was in 4th or 5th grade, now getting ready to fly off to college. I'm soooo proud of how you've grown and turned into such a bright, creative, free-thinking young woman. I still remember how shy you used to be, never uttering a word, let alone any type of opinion. Ohhh... how that's changed. Now I can't get you to stay quiet - haha!

You've always been that person to think on different, higher levels... sometimes levels in which I thought "should" be way over your head. As with the first day of our lessons, I still believe with 100% certainty, you'll be changing the world. Your fearlessness is going to hand you many, many successes, most likely the kind that you'll pass on to others. 

You're going to teach... you're going to inspire... you're going to give back in ways we all should be striving for... you're going to fall in love hard, and be loved back even harder... your blue eyes are going to allow you to see life in those beautiful colors of light you always speak of... you're going to make your family more proud of you than you could ever imagine... you're going to create footprints your children's children will try to fill... you're going to change, not only yourself, but everyone around you... you're going to lead... you ARE amazing!

I'm sooo proud of you, KC!










No comments: